It is common for developers to gain planning permission and only then to discover that they need to progress through the Highway Authority’s s278 Agreement procedures. We know from our vast experience that this requires time, patience and experienced advice. 278 Consulting was therefore established by Simon Colbourn BEng, CEng, MICE, MCIHT in 2010 to provide Clients with an efficient service for the design of such works based around his extensive experience in undertaking constructive dialogue with Highway Authorities. Simon can ‘unlock’ a small project involving something as simple as a single driveway, whilst at the same time having the capability to deal with complex junction schemes. Please have a look at our Projects pages to learn more about the works that we have been involved with and how we have helped Clients to date.
How do we approach the design of 278 Agreement works?
The key aims underlying all aspects of 278 Consulting’s work are to:-
- quickly identify the key issues which will affect the deliverability of highway improvement works;
- seek to minimise the requirements for highway works by applying our extensive experience of dealing with Highway and Planning Authorities;
- provide Clients with experienced advice and undertake the management of all aspects of the planning and design of highway access works;
- supplement the skills of Simon Colbourn with an experienced supply chain ensuring a comprehensive service to Clients;
- work efficiently and cost effectively by investing in design technology and embrace the benefits offered by BIM techniques.
View our project portfolio to see examples of our work.
How do we operate?
278 Consulting undertakes the detailed layout, 3D alignment/modelling and constructional design of 278 Agreement works by supplementing our ‘in-house’ expertise with a number of sub-consultants who supplement our skills and with the following specialisms:-
- Transport planning/Traffic modelling;
- Vehicle speed surveys;
- Street lighting assessment and design;
- Geotechnical assessment and design;
- Drainage modelling and assessment;
- Road Safety Audits.
If you need any help or advice with 278 Agreements, then please feel free to call or contact us today.