278 Consulting was established by Simon Colbourn BEng, CEng, MICE, MCIHT in 2010. We aim to provide Clients with a quality service based around Simon’s experience in undertaking constructive dialogue with Highway Authorities. We are willing to advise on projects as small as a single driveway whilst having the expertise and capability to deal with complex junction schemes. Please have a look at our Projects pages to learn more about the works that we have been involved with and how we have helped Clients to date.
Prior to establishing 278 Consulting, Simon gained significant project experience through employment with Consulting Engineers including Burks Green, RPS and Aecom. This experience included undertaking project work for clients such as Prologis UK Limited, Rolls Royce, Sainsburys, Transport Wales, BAA Lynton, Irish Rail and Extra MSA Limited.
278 Consulting’s Aims
The key aims underlying all aspects of 278 Consulting’s work are to:-
- quickly identify the key issues which will affect the deliverability of highway improvement works;
- seek to minimise the requirements for highway works by applying our extensive experience of dealing with Highway and Planning Authorities;
- provide Clients with experienced advice and undertake the management of all aspects of the planning and design of highway access works;
- supplement the skills of Simon Colbourn with an experienced supply chain ensuring a comprehensive service to Clients;
- work efficiently and cost effectively by investing in design technology and embrace the benefits offered by BIM techniques.
View our project portfolio to see examples of our work.
278 Agreements for the Supply Chain
278 Consulting undertakes the detailed layout, 3D alignment/modelling and constructional design of 278 Agreement works. We supplement our ‘in-house’ expertise with a number of sub-consultants who supplement our skills and with the following specialisms:-
- Transport planning/Traffic modelling;
- Vehicle speed surveys;
- Street lighting assessment and design;
- Geotechnical assessment and design;
- Drainage modelling and assessment;
- Road Safety Audits.
If you need any help or advice about 278 Agreements, feel free to call or contact us today.