278 Consulting specialise in the planning and design of Section 278 Agreement works. We know only too well that highway legal agreements impact upon the feasibility, timescale and cost of developments. Our understanding of the implications of these agreements is therefore key to maximising development returns.
Our expertise supports Clients by interpreting what Highway Authorities require because we have dealt with many of them previously. We manage the technical approval process of 278 Agreement works and have particular experience with the detailed design of these. With over 35 years experience in preparing technical approval submissions we guide these through highway authority approval processes as efficiently as possible.
278 Consulting utilise the experience of its Director, Simon Colbourn and an experienced supply chain to provide a comprehensive service in terms of the planning, assessment and design of 278 Agreement works.
Our key expertise is to liaise with highway authorities as early as possible to confirm and understand their requirements. We then undertake the full detailed design of the works before preparing technical approval packages for submission and approval. Our project experience ranges from small access bellmouths up to complex roundabouts and larger bypass schemes.
When to give us a call:
- You have a parcel of development land and need advice on how to access it;
- You need assistance with a planning application that has a requirement for off-site highway improvements;
- You’re an Architect/Designer needing assistance with the layout of the access works serving a proposed development;
- You have planning permission but now need to progress the detailed design of the Section 278 Agreement works;
- You’re a Contractor requiring design support to reduce the scale or impact of access works or to assist with Value Engineering.
If you are in any of these situations, then please get in contact with us and we will be pleased to discuss how we may be able to assist.